This joint European Research Council (ERC) and the European Parliament’s Panel for the Future of Science and Technology (STOA) event will address the critical role of curiosity-driven, frontier research in solving practical challenges in sustainable food production and consumption. ERC-funded researchers will discuss consumer behaviour, greener production processes and the impact on health, food security and trade, together with members of the European Parliament and other prominent speakers.
It is an in-person event.
11 Oct 2023
10:00 – 11:00 CEST | Thematic session 3: The impact of food systems on health, society and the planet
- Matt Reynolds, WIRED
- John Bell, Director at the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, Healthy Planet Directorate
- Rocco Macchiavello, ERC grantee, London School of Economics
- Eric Robinson, ERC grantee, University of Liverpool
11:10 – 11:38 CEST | Closing Plenary
- Christian Ehler, STOA Chair
- Eric Lambin, Professor of Geography and Sustainability Science, Catholic University of Louvain and Stanford University; member of the Group of Chief Scientific Advisors to the European Commission
- Maria Leptin, ERC President
The European Science-Media Hub (ESMH) of the European Parliament will be organizing a workshop with journalists that will run alongside the 2-day event. More information will be available soon.
The event is open to the media, for requests please contact ERC-PRESS@ec.europa.eu